Why Am I Losing Hair?

Do you have a hair brush that could schedule it’s own styling appointments? While losing some hair to daily activities such as styling and washing is normal, it can still be alarming and leave you wondering if there is a solution to guard against excess loss.

Our hair is always cycling through growing phases. At any given time roughly 90% of the hair on your head is in a growing phase while the other 10% is in a resting(shedding) phase. There are a number of factors that can affect these phases; pregnancy, major surgery, stress or hormonal imbalances are just a few. While we can’t give you a specific solution, we are here to share some pro tips on how to keep your locks healthy from the inside out!


Take Your Vitamins:
Ensuring that your body is getting the nutrients it needs is vital. Providing your body with the right formulation of vitamins geared towards healthy skin, nails and hair is key - this is where collagen comes into the picture! Collagen is a naturally occurring protein found in the body, but sometimes our systems require a little extra. Adding a collagen supplement keeps that hair where it’s supposed to be - attached to your head - while helping your skin, nails and joints feel their best!
*always consult with you your doctor before adding any new supplements to your diet

Drink Your Water:
Getting the proper amount of hydration throughout the day is so important. Studies tell us that we should be drinking 8 glasses of water per day, but we encourage you to think about your ounces - match your ounces of water to your weight for optimal hydration. Weight 130 lbs? Aim to drink 130 ounces of water a day. It seems like a lot, but once you get into the swing of things, you’ll be throwing that H2O back like it’s nothin’! And your body will be thanking you!

Be A Soft Touch:
Our hair goes through a lot on a daily basis. Washing, styling, heat tools, updo’s…all of it! It takes a toll on your hair’s integrity leading to hair loss. You can take preventative measures to ensure that your hair loss isn’t occurring from mechanical(daily actions) damage. Take it easy on those strands! Shampoo less, avoid heat when able, and always use products designed to protect hair during these activities like, leave in conditioner and heat protectant. Get yourself a brush (like this) that supports healthy brushing too!

Invest In Quality Products:
What you put on your hair matters! Quality, professional salon products are scientifically formulated to interact in very specific ways with the hair shaft, providing a specialized result depending on your need. If you are sitting there reading this and thinking, “Shampoo is shampoo”, think about this; a $1,500 clunker car and a $100,000 luxury car are both cars, but they certainly aren’t made the same, or perform the same way. It’s the same principal for hair care products. Buy professional products that are tailored to the needs of your hair and will support healthy hair maintenance and growth.

Have more questions about hair loss, product usage or styling in general? Give us a shout! We love answering your questions and helping you love your hair!